Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices. This notice applies to all information collected or communicated to Restoring Hope Nepal. Please note that this policy is subject to change.
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
Restoring Hope Nepal has four active websites:
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you donate online, request to receive communications, or contact us directly via our Site.
This personal data includes, but is not limited to, your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number, and shipping/billing address
- Payment or credit card information, donated amount
- Reason for contacting Restoring Hope Nepal and any other additional comments an individual may have
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Restoring Hope Nepal collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes listed below.
To Process Applications
When you use our Sites, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. If you contact us via email, we will use information about you, such as your name and email or your organization name to help you resolve a problem or question regarding your application.
To Process Transactions Through Our Secure Online Donation Feature
If you donate monetarily via our Site, Restoring Hope Nepal will use your provided payment information to complete the transaction. Restoring Hope Nepal may also save your name, address, phone number, and email to follow up with a thank you letter, receipt for tax purposes, and ongoing communications for future donations. If you are an existing donor of Restoring Hope Nepal (for example, if you have donated to us previously), we may use the contact details you provided to send you news updates about Restoring Hope Nepal. These include, but are not limited to: event invites, campaign information, letters, and appeals (unless you have opted-out).
To Operate, Improve and Maintain Our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you donate online, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. When you sign up to receive our newsletters or contact us directly, we may use personal data to enhance your experience with Restoring Hope Nepal and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.
To Protect Our and Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites to understand viewer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to our Sites search for and find information to better understand the best ways to organize and present the work that we do. We collect aggregate use information such as the number of hits per page for internal and marketing use only; we do not provide your personal identifying information to the public.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Restoring Hope Nepal shares your personal data with:
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Restoring Hope Nepal’s behalf. For example to process credit cards and payments, distribute emails, research and analysis, as well as administer certain marketing services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. (We would never sell your personal information.)
- Other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iii) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent. To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall Restoring Hope Nepal, its officers, directors, employees, or affiliated organizations be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, such as, but not limited to, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated profits, goodwill, diminution of value, business interruption costs, or any other intangible losses arising out of damage from any security breach or any other security intrusion.
MANAGEMENT of Your Personal Data
To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall Restoring Hope Nepal, its officers, directors, employees, or affiliated organizations be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, such as, but not limited to, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated profits, goodwill, diminution of value, business interruption costs, or any other intangible losses arising out of damage from any security breach or any other security intrusion.
YOUR RIGHTS Relating to Your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
You can opt-out of receiving Restoring Hope Nepal’s marketing communications by emailing email@example.com and specifying your request. You can also opt-out by modifying your email subscriptions by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner.